Jump to navigation
Funding and support
- The UK Cochrane Centre and The Australasian Cochrane Centre are providing supervision and technical support.
- The Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, has committed funds to provide one full time secretary and office supplies for three years, with some additional budget for organizing two workshops per year related to research synthesis.
- The WHO Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction has offered to provide support for specific activities related to research synthesis in reproductive health, for example, fellowships to conduct reviews with appropriate editorial and statistical support, experts to help in workshops and seminars, etc.
- The UK Department for International Development, through the University of Liverpool has provided support to enable Dr. Ratana Panpanich, Chiang Mai University to organize training activities.
- Thailand Research Fund has supported the Thai Cochrane Network through the Senior Research Scholar Project. This is the project to promote Clinical Epidemiology and research synthesis (Systematic review and meta-analysis) and has provided the financial support for Thai reveiwers who are interested in completing and publishing the Cochrane review with corresponding Cochrane Review Group. The fellowship is one of the supports to complete the Cochrane reveiws.
- The Department of Medical Services, Ministry of Public Health is the significant role to support for the Thai Cochrane Network workshops and the partial contributors of the cochrane reviewers.
- The SEA-ORCHID Project is providing support and resources to help the TCN develop capacity to train and support review authors throughout Thailand . The Project, which is funded by the Wellcome Trust and the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council, focuses on promoting evidence-based practice and research synthesis to health practitioners who provide care during pregnancy and childbirth. The TCN is the co-ordinating base for the project in South East Asia and collaborates with centres in Australia , including the Australasian Cochrane Centre.
Further support will be requested from other relevant organizations e.g. Health Systems Research Institute, The British Council, etc.
Fellowship and scholarship opportunities
- The Senior Research Scholar Project
This is the project to promote Clinical Epidemiology and research synthesis (Systematic review and meta-analysis) and has provided the financial support for Thai reveiwers who are interested in completing and publishing the Cochrane review with correstponding Cochrane Review Group. We are welcome everyone to apply for the research training fellowship in various health fields.
Please contact Prof.Pisake Lumbiganon firstname.lastname@example.org or Assoc.Prof.Malinee Laopaiboon email@example.com for further information.
- The Cochrane Collaboration Visiting Fellowship
The Cochrane Collaboration provides a Visiting Fellowship to facilitate quality processes surrounding the production of Cochrane Reviews. The Fellowship is open to all those working (employed or honorary) in a Cochrane entity towards producing, updating, disseminating or promoting the accessibility of Cochrane Reviews. Funds are made available annually for one successful applicant to travel to and work in another Cochrane entity for a period of up to one month.
Please visit here for more information.